The Quantum Angler
He never gets Bohred of fishing.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sandwich emergencies

In light of my recent adventures I thought I'd share my thoughts on the subject.

The first problem one might find themselves with is not having a knife. If this happens to you the first thing to remember is to relax, stay calm. The less experienced sandwich crafter might turn away at this point, running away with their tail between their legs, fleeing for the nearest Burger King. But fear not. Your've better than that. A closer inspection of your surroundings will usually reveal an item which can be adequaletly adapted for the purposes of 'wich craft. Rulers are a sound choice; not least because they more often than not have a slight serration caused by the raised markings.

"But I have no ruler" I hear you cry. "I'm screwed!" Calm down dear, it's only a sandwich. But alas, this is the exact predicament in which I found myself this lunchtime. With my comrades-in-physics tucking into their pre-prepared snacks, time was running out for the QA to fashion his bread, butter and cheese into an edible unity. That's when I turned to another alternative, the credit card. Although not serrated, the credit card is fairly stiff and thin, and will do the job. With this in mind, here is a run-down of some of the best and the worst cards on the market for dividing the humble loaf.

1. HMV Student Card - Stiff yet sharp, this little gem combines sharpness with stiffness, whilst giving you 10% off all the latest tunes.

2. Scream Card - Slightly stiffer than the HMV, allowing increased downwards force on the bread, however it's not as sharp and requires more skill to use. On the plus side they phased out scream cards at our local a while ago, rendering the card useless for anything else.

3. Imperial College Student Card - I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks to have the right characteristics. Which is more, it's every Imperialite's dream to hand over their swipe card to an over-zealous security guard whilst it's still covered in mexicana cheddar!

Next week... butter alternatives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home