The Quantum Angler
He never gets Bohred of fishing.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Knowing me, knowing you

I like lasers, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. For the past four years I've had the honour of playing with what is unanimously regarded as the best class of laser known to man - the bounce geometry. The name "bounce" actually derives from the latin bouncius, which means "most efficient, highest power and best beam quality". Times were good, but what I really wanted was money, so I sold out.

I now work for a company that makes other kinds of lasers. I know, I know, these technically aren't lasers, since the term was redefined after Bernard & Alcock revolutionised the field in the 90s, but we'll call them lasers for historical reasons. And despite their obvious handicap, these lasers are actually pretty damn cool. I won't get into exactly how they are cool, because that's a slippery slope (boom boom!), and I'm not a good one for keeping my mouth shut, so why don't you just take my word for it? Cool they are.

As well as a new job, I've also got somewhere new to live! There's actually not so much to say here either really; a flat is a flat. I'm living in a suburb of Stockholm with a New Zealand guy who's main interests appear to be beer and rugby. It's quite a big place, and I've got my own separate entrance which is pretty sweet. Maybe I'll try to find my own place at some time in the future, but for now I'm just going to relax and enjoy the slightly-cheaper-than-London-but-mostly-offset-by-the-really-expensive-food rent. There are some photos on my public Picasa gallery, for any of you who know where that is. Ta for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home