The Quantum Angler
He never gets Bohred of fishing.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Rant of the week: Microsoft

This has always annoyed me:


Can you see it? What's missing from my status bar in Microsoft Word 2003? Yes, that's right, a period and a close-bracket! As far as I know, on any computer I can remember using, the language text never quite fits into its allocated space. It's not as though this only happens with UK English either, if you change it to US the same thing happens.

I just don't understand how something so simple can get past quality control. Word is one of the most commonly used applications, developed by the biggest software company in the world, surely it went through a significant amount of development and testing before it was let loose? I guess this serves as a good example of the kind of bad design which you rarely find on a Mac, but is endemic on Windows systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home