The Quantum Angler
He never gets Bohred of fishing.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Cold shower

So I've finally given up my righteous stand on not having a cold shower. It only lasted a couple of days, but I think I did myself proud. It's not easy for a guy with hair as cool as mine.

Ok, so yeah our boiler broke a few days ago, and since then I've watched while my housemates caved in one by one to accept their cold, watery fate. "I won't be one of them" I told myself, "I'm not going to have a cold shower". Backing up this stubbornness was a cunning plan, I wasn't going to simply stop washing, but instead I intended to make use of the much warmer shower facilities at my university swimming pool, after having a swim. This plan was scuppered however when I scored some excellent free food on Thursday evening, just before I'd scheduled my audacious shower plan at the pool. The food in question was as plentiful as it was delicious, and I found myself with no choice but to stuff my face (the tale of the free food I leave for another day, but suffice to say it involved pork skewers, chorizo and the inventor of the blue LED). After I'd done so, it dawned on me that I was too full up to go swimming. Disaster! So this morning I bit the bullet and had a freezing cold shower.

Cold as it was, it brought back fond memories of my time in Chamberlain House. The plumbing in that house, like the rest of it, was done on the cheap by a bunch of cowboys for our cheap-ass landlords, so it broke all the time. But every time something broke in that house it was a new adventure which brought us together. One of the best times we had was when a pipe under Dan's floor sprang a leak, we had to rip up the carpet, chisel out the pipe, and use tea towels to soak the water up and ring them out into a bucket. Great fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home